Her Holiness Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi
After creating this beautiful universe, God did not abandon it. He protected and nurtured it with his feminine power Shri Adi-Shakti. As Adi-shakti began enlightening the path of the evolution, God Almighty (Sada Shiv) remained a witness to her mirthful play of creation, substances and transformation. For the substance of her creation, she established Dharma (not so called religion). Lord Krishna told Arjun that whenever Dharma was imperiled, he would incarnate to uphold the righteousness and vanquish evil.
यदा यदा हि धर्मस्य ग्लानिर्भवति भारत ।
अभ्युत्थानमधर्मस्य तदात्मानं सृजाम्यहम् ॥
परित्राणाय साधूनां विनाशाय च दुष्कृताम् ।
धर्मसंस्थापनार्थाय सम्भवामि युगे युगे ॥
Shri Adishakti mother incarnated many a times as Durga, Bhavani and Athena. Foremost She incarnated as power of Vishnu, as Lakshmi, Next as Sri Rama’s wife as Sita and thereafter Lord Krishna’s Shakti as Radha.
Today day we may not be able to have vision of Virat, as Arjuna had experienced the Virat Darshan, but with the incarnation of the the Adi Shakti Shri Nirmala Devi it became possible to experience the joy of Virat in our Sahastrar i.e. on the fontanele bone area ( on the top of the head. Her incarnation is the most significant event in human consciousness of Universal awareness because under her guidance consciousness begin to expand in the realm of collective consciousness which is the divine love.
Moreover in Modern Times through her company site actions compassionate action the incarnation of Kalki( supposed to be Lord Vishnu’s 10th incarnation) has emerged as the collective being formed by all the realized souls who coalesced with God’s consciousness. Her mission was to spread the power of divine love by awakening the Kundalini of the seekers to grant them their self realization and save this world from destruction. Only the power of love can save the humanity otherwise we are doomed to disaster.
There had been forecast of Sri adishakti incarnation in Nadi Granth by Bhrigu Muni, Acharya Bhujendra Satyacharya, Jacqueline Murray (An American lady), Mr. Chiero and Alice Bailey, that around 1920 to 1924 a great Saint inform of a normal human(a domestic lady) would be born to save humanity from disaster. She will have the power to awaken the the Kundalini of the seekers to grant them there self-realization. Even, in the Bible it is narrated, ‘Behold the Mother’. Christ said, “I will send the Holy Ghost”.
Almost around that period adishakti took birth on 21st March 1923 in the mid day 12 o’clock at Chhindwara (when the day and night are equal). A baby girl was born to Mr Prasad Rao Salve and Mrs Lady Cornelia in Chhindwara at their residence. Looking with awe at the smiling and radiant baby her grandmother exclaimed, “she is nishkalanka” i.e. without any blemish. Later her name was kept Nirmala meaning immaculate. Her birth was a unique incident, it is apparent from the few facts: first her mother had hardly any labour pain. Second she did not cry in fact the nurse made her cry. Her eyes were clear and Radian with sweet innocent smile on her face. Her features were clear with pink complexion. Renuka Devi said, “she is the 10th incarnation of Lord Vishnu as predicted by so many astrologers. Born at Chhindwara on Wednesday, many saints took their birth on this day. Chhindwara lies on the line of Cancer tropically, situated in the central India means totally balanced state.
Her family belongs to Sisodiya dynasty which was quite trustworthy, honest, liberal, religious and full of patriotism. Her father was a famous lawyer indeed person he knew 14 languages and was well versed with few of them. Her mother was good mathematician. Britishers awarded him “Rai Sahab” rank (decoration). But during the freedom movement of India, he surrendered this Rai Sahab title to British government. During Non-Cooperation Movement and Quit India Movement they boycotted foreign articles, burnt the foreign linen dresses etc. Her parents were tortured physically, mentally and were sent to jail many times. Even Shri Mataji was tortured physically and mentally, she was laid on ice-slabs. But happily she took it as a play. Her father was hit by the bullets, while trying to hoist the national flag on the top of the Nagpur High Court, at last he succeeded to hoist the “Tri colour” flag on High Court Building.
Shri Mataji Nirmla Devi completed her medical degree from Lahore. At last on 15th August 1947 she witnessed the freedom of India from British rule. On 7th April 1947, she was married to Mr. Chandrika Prasad Srivastava, an IAS Officer. He served the nation at various dignitoriat positions such as District Magistrate, Meerut (U.P.), City Magistrate, Lucknow (U.P.), Chairman of Shipping Corporation of India, Secretary General to International Maritime Organisation, United Nations, London. Apart from all these he also served as Joint-Secretary to our late Prime Minister Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri. In 1972 Padma Bhusan was awarded to him.
Shri Mataji had two beautiful and wonderful daughters. When both got married and settled in their domestic life then on 5th May 1970, on Gujarat coastal area, a village Nargole sea-shore early morning Shri Mataji got herself realized, and opened her Sahasrara for the whole world. She shared her spiritual experience to her father, that she had achieved her goal to accomplish her mission to free the human beings from the worldly problems and worries. The cool breeze started flowing from her Sahasrara, which later on shared with Sahajayogis also.
Now the time has come to give self-realization to seekers by awakening their kundalini. She started from an old lady and later on to 12 other seekers. Slowly, Sahajayoga took its flight to success and thousands of seekers took their self-realization. Overnight after realization people gave up smoking, drugs and immorality. They had become the radiant stars, spotless. Shri Mataji’s love, affection, compassion and tolerance has done what no other incarnations, saints had done for their devotees. Today Sahajayoga is being practiced in 160 countries around the world.
A few International awards and recognition to Shri Mataji
1. She has honored to talk on “Universal Peace Achievement“ at United Nations, New York 1989-94.
2. In 1994 Brazil city Mayor received Shri Mataji, honored her and handed over the keys of the Brazil City.
3. Italy 1886 - Govt. of Italy has declared her as Personality of the year 1986 award.
4. Romania 1995 – Awarded as Doctor of Scientific Knowledge.
5. New York 1996 – Awarded Welcome Letter and declared 26th September as “ Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi Day”.
6. New York 1994 – Celeberated “ Her company with Mahatma Gandhi “ memorial welcome parade awarded.
7. Los Angeles 1993-94 – Welcome from Los Angeles City Mayor Richard Riordan. Presented a letter of “Friendship forever”.
8. British Columbia – Canada 1994 – “Welcome Letter” from the people of British Columbia by District head Mr. Mike Harcourt.
9. Vancouver – Canada 1994 – “Welcome Letter” by Mayor Philip Owen.
10. Philadelphia 1993 – Declared “Shri Mataji Devi Day” on 15th October.
11. Cincinati 1992 - Declared “Shri Mataji Devi Day” on 10th October.
12. Saint Petersberg, Russia 1993 – “Member of the Presidium of Petrovskaya Academy of Art and Science”. This award given to only 12 people so fare. Einstein was one of them.
13. Saint Petersberg, Russia 1993 – “Medicinal and Spiritual Knowledge”.
14. Moscow 1989 – Shri Mataji visited to U.S.S.R Health Ministry Chief. After this visit a sanction for the financialgrant for Sahajayoga programme was given by USSR Govt.
15. India 1995 – Govt. of India agreed to spare one hour for Sahajayoga programme on Doosdarshan channel.
16. China 1995 – To address the Chinese collective, she was the royal guest of the Chinese Govt.
17. U.S.A. – A member of Congress Eliot Engle read a letter in the honour of Shri Mataji’s dedicated tireless work.
18. Mr. Claes Nobel (Alfred Nobel) – Nobel Peace prize organization’s chair person said “The invention of Shri Mataji provides a true hope for mankind.”
19. India – At Pune, She was awarded “Manav Ratna”.
20. “Italy’s most honourable citizen” at Cabela, Leegre Alexendria.
21. On 8th July 2006 in the Govt. Meeting, Cabela Leegre’s Mayor honoured her as “Non Salaried citizenship Award”. On the same daythe foundation stone for the “Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi World Organization” was laid down.
22. NGO at Vashi, running international hospital at new Mumbai by Sahajayoga Treatments.
23. Nirmal Prem Ashram, Greater Noida.
24. International Sangeet Academy at Vaitarna, Maharashtra.
25. Sahajayoga International School, I.S.P.S. Dharamshala, Himachal Pradesh.